By Algernon Austin
This ebook is the 1st in-depth exam of the 25 million americans with the main extreme hatred of President Obama—arguably the main Republican-friendly of modern Democratic presidents—and what the mindsets of those "Obama Haters" educate us approximately race and ethnicity in the United States today.
• deals a critique of Obama from the left on his medical insurance reform, judicial and political appointments, civil liberties regulations, academic reforms, and procedure for facing African American concerns
• provides not easy facts exhibiting that Obama Haters are so severe of their conservatism and of their anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black attitudes that during comparability, Tea celebration supporters seem to be moderate
• Boldly identifies ideas for facing white racial anxiousness a couple of diversifying America
• offers empirically derived estimates of the share of the yankee public with robust anti-black, anti-Latino, anti-immigrant, and anti-Muslim attitudes
Read Online or Download America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
Tolerance is mostly considered as an unqualified success of the fashionable West. rising in early glossy Europe to defuse violent spiritual clash and decrease persecution, tolerance this day is hailed as a key to lowering clash throughout quite a lot of different dividing lines-- cultural, racial, ethnic, and sexual.
L. a. cultura huichol, una de las mejor conservadas, muestra ya los signos de erosión y deterioro a que están sujetas las demás culturas indias. A diario se pierden hechos esenciales al conocimiento de Mesoamérica y del hombre en common. Este segundo tomo de Los indios de México reúne por primera vez valiosos materiales etnográficos que arrojan una nueva luz sobre l. a. peregrinación anual a los angeles tierra del eyote, los angeles visión huichola del mundo, sus fiestas, mitos y ceremonias.
An eminent social analyst examines the best way racism works-and the way it should be triumph over. Racism: it's social, no longer “natural”; it's normal, no longer “personal”; and it truly is tragically potent. In a notable meditation on an issue on the afflicted middle of yank existence, Albert Memmi investigates racism as social pathology-a cultural disorder that prevails since it permits one phase of society to empower itself on the fee of one other.
The artwork of Schmearing half One: the increase of complain and the autumn of guy
- Understanding Inequality: The Intersection of Race/Ethnicity, Class, and Gender
- Way Too Cool: Selling Out Race and Ethics
- Imperfect Unions: Staging Miscegenation in U.S. Drama and Fiction
- Making Critical Sense of Immigrant Experience: A Case Study of Hong Kong Chinese in Canada (Critical Management Studies)
Extra info for America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President
America is not Post-racial: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President: Xenophobia, Islamophobia, Racism, and the 44th President by Algernon Austin