By Thomas F. King
- Edited by way of one of many world's top specialists within the box of cultural source administration, with contributions through a variety of specialists, together with archaeologists, architectural historians, museum curators, historians, and representatives of affected groups
- Offers a extensive view of cultural source administration that comes with archaeological websites, cultural landscapes, ancient constructions, shipwrecks, medical and technological websites and gadgets, in addition to intangible assets equivalent to language, faith, and cultural values
- Highlights the realities that face CRM practitioners "on the ground"
Read or Download A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar archaeology books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2012 im Fachbereich Archäologie, be aware: 2,0, Universität Salzburg, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In der folgenden Arbeit möchte ich einen allgemeinen Überblick über die mythologischen Darstellungen auf römischen Sarkophagen geben. Hierbei werden die Entwicklungen der Mythen, Interpretationen und wichtige Themenkreise aufgeführt.
Papers from a big convention on zooarchaeology, reflecting cutting-edge paintings at the research of human dating to animals in old times.
This books units out to give an explanation for how and why faith got here into being. Today this query is as attention-grabbing as ever, in particular due to the fact that faith has moved to the centre of socio-political relationships. not like the present, but incomplete techniques from disciplines similar to cognitive technology and psychology, the current authors undertake a brand new process, both occur and constructive, that explains the origins of faith dependent strictly on behavioural biology.
Conflict, ritual human sacrifice, and the rubber ballgame are the normal practices in which students have in general tested equipped violence within the creative and fabric documents of historic Mesoamerica and principal the US. This quantity expands them to incorporate such actions as gladiatorial-like boxing combats, investiture rites, trophy-head taking and exhibit, darkish shamanism, and the subjective discomfort inherent in acts of violence.
- Incomplete Archaeologies: Assembling Knowledge in the Past and Present
- Tutankhamen: Amenism, Atenism and Egyptian Monotheism, with Hieroglyphic Texts of Hymms to Amen and Aten (Kegan Paul Library of Ancient Egypt)
- Ephesians and Artemis: The Cult of the Great Goddess of Ephesus as the Epistle's Context (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
Additional resources for A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Cultural Resource Management (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Thomas F. King